Typology

For this week's Fundamentals of Digital Media lesson, we took a look at Typologies and Becher Grids. In choosing a subject for my grid, I found it pretty difficult to find 16 similar yet different items. I initially chose coffee mugs. After scavenging through my kitchen cabinets, I was left with only 13 different mugs. Close, but no cigar. I then decided to give markers a try. I headed to the school supplies bin in the basement of my home and began searching for 16 different colors. Surprisingly, I had even less luck with this idea - 11 different colors. I sat around for a bit, frustrated and anxious. I was walking past the front closet when I realized there were quite a few shoes sitting there. Miraculously, I was able to pull together just enough shoes to carry out this assignment. When completing the editing portion, I faced so much hardship. Pixlr's website makes my computer run mind-bogglingly slow and continuously freezes. Every time I edited an individual photo, I was forced to quit my entire browser and open it again in order to continue using the website and edit the next photo. I was also unable to watch the tutorial videos while keeping Pixlr open. After hours of fighting the site and tediously spacing each individual image 100mp from its neighbors, I finally finished. Conclusion: Pixlr is my enemy.

Comments