Generative Art part 2: Flame

For this assignment, we used the online platform Flame to create images conveying emotion. I really liked this website. Although it still caused my computer to crash after saving, it was fairly responsive and I like the concept of 'drawing with fire'. I drew two images - one that is more concrete in its depiction, and one that is more abstract. I believe the images evoke different emotions and are almost opposite.
The first image is my ode to spooky season. Halloween is my favorite holiday and sadly I've been far too busy to partake in any spooky festivities this year, so I felt it this image was appropriate. I like that this image is a bit messy and has more of a 'quick rough sketch' look. Paired with the effects of the flame, this enhances the eeriness of this drawing.
This image is quite abstract and I love that with the flame effect. Although it is a bit chaotic in its lines, I think it evokes a sense of calm. The colors are very calming and reminiscent of the ocean or the sky. Adding the noise effect to the turquoise really decreased the contrast between the lines and the black background and added to the calm feeling.

Comments