Video Mashup

This week sure was a doozy. It seems that chaos attracts greater chaos. Just when you think you've found half of a second of serenity, here comes everyone's good ol' pals, Mr. Obligations and Responsibilities. That, my friends, is fall break - or any school break for that matter. So, just as I finally thought I'd have time to return to my own personal hobbies and interests, the lingering feeling of "I think I'm forgetting something" crept upon me. And boy was I forgetting quite a few things... An essay and three assignments for English, a quickly approaching midterm presentation for Communications, and a three minute movie mashup featuring last week's audio mix for Digital Media. What break?

Video mashup from Mekaylah Yowpp-Hernacki on Vimeo.

I chose vintage cartoon clips. I was searching through the different genres and categories of available videos on archive.org and the vintage cartoon category really reeled me in. These are feel-good videos that have a very nostalgic essence. Who doesn't love cartoons? Better yet, who doesn't love old cartoons? The hardest part in completing this assignment (besides finding time) was searching through tons of videos just to find a collection of short clips that would work with my song. If I could change something about this mashup, I would have it tell a clear story. It's extremely difficult to find numerous short clips within other videos that can mesh well together, and with the song, and tell a story clearly, while filling up an entire three minutes. This project overall has inspired me to try making my own beats to use in my YouTube videos. I'm not quite proud of the song I created for this project but it has led me to believe that with better resources, I could definitely create my own music. Finding good non-copyrighted music to use in videos is not the easiest task. I would love to try creating my own.

Comments