Not Your Granny's Blouse

How. Pretty. Whenever people ask me what my style is, I'm not quite sure what to tell them. I don't believe in having a particular style for every day and every occasion. I love taking elements from multiple different styles and wearing super boho Free People bell bottoms one day, and baggy jeans, Timbs, and a leather jacket the next. This is always my response, but yet I've come to realize most people do have a natural style and I think I have an idea as to what mine is. This blouse is not my typical style whatsoever, but when I saw it, and for only $20, I had to have it. What really sold me was the detailing on the inner sleeves. It has a bit of a mummy vibe to it but it's beautiful. I'm not one to wear floral lace like the fabric of this shirt but I couldn't pass it up. The details on the neckline, waist, and cuffs top off the beauty of this piece. It's slightly cropped and this youthful element juxtaposes the antique- (and almost grandma-ish) vibe of the top quite well. Paired with some high-waisted trousers this can create a very mature look, or throw on some light wash vintage mom jeans and dial it back 20 years. Either way, throw on some cute little gold hoops and this blouse makes a statement. Side note: I never go into Forever 21 these days. There's way too many clothes and their pieces are often cheap quality. I happened to go in there while helping my mom find a blouse, and instead found something for myself. Moral of the story, you can find items you like anywhere, if you're willing to take a look. Find this piece at Forever 21 in the Contemporary section.

Comments